Followers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday went GREAT!

Here it is, that time again! It has been a long and exhausting day! My entire family decided to wake up sick yesterday and so I was on nurse duty all day. Needless to say I didn't get to work, so I made up for it today. I woke up early and went for a short walk around the neighborhood. I forgot to take my ipod so I can't say for sure how far I walked, but I was gone for about 15 minutes. When I got home I made breakfast, we had Baked French Toast Casserole! It was amazing!!! My kids acted like they'd never ate anything so good in their lives. Don't worry, it was a very healthy recipe that I got from one of my new favorite websites http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/ This website is dedicated to clean eating and I am hooked.

After breakfast I went to work. I clean houses for a living and really quite enjoy it. It gets me moving and it's never the same place or the same thing. I suffer from ADD so having a job that is constantly changing really helps me enjoy my work. Somehow it doesn't help me clean my house though : ) I cleaned for 4 hours while I totally jammed out to my ipod. There may have even been a few moments where I was transported back to the 80's and I was dancing while singing into my swiffer duster. Pretty much the coolest thing you can do when no one is looking! I had to work over the lunch hour so I took some almonds and a banana to snack on between scrubbing toilets and dancing like a 12 year old.

When I got home the Husker game was on and I am a very devoted fan. So I listened to the game while I made my husband and myself lunch. We had turkey sweet and smokey turkey burgers, but I didn't have any buns to put it on. So I substituted whole wheat pita bread, topped it off with Swiss cheese and baby greens. Had a handful of baby carrots on the side. So yummy! My husband was full of yummy noises, which made me pretty happy. I always know when he really enjoys something because he starts out with "oh, mmmm, baby, mmmm." Sounds pretty perverted, but I promise it's just food talk. LOL! After lunch I laid down in the reclined and watched the rest of the game. It was a super intense game and at the end when we score the winning touchdown I almost got sick. Cannot believe we pulled that off! Go Big Red!

So dinner time, I made ham and asparagus quiche. Not on the clean eating menu, but I cleaned it up as much as possible. Again I had a happy family, mostly. My youngest daughter was not thrilled with the asparagus. I figure if I keep putting it on her plate she'll eat it eventually. After dinner I had 3 miniature candy bars from my kids Halloween bucket. They were heavenly and I was satisfied with just the 3. I'm sure I shouldn't eat 3, but at least I'm not eating more than that! It could be a king size candy bar like last week! Baby steps!

So that was my day, not too exciting to say the least. Didn't get the workout in that I wanted, but I feel good about what I accomplished. We have to take the rough with the smooth and realize the small accomplishments in everyday. Today I made healthy choices and made my family happy. I not only feel good about my weight loss journey, but I feel good as a mother and wife, and that is a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment